Please be wary of anyone you do not already know personally coming door-to-door and offering to do shopping – there are many community groups springing up and most will be genuine, but make sure that you can verify they are legitimate.
If you have any doubts please call one of the designated village volunteers.
If you are new to shopping online, you might find these guides helpful
|Internet Shopping: How to buy online||How to order groceries online||How to order on Amazon|
Should you need further help or guidance, Neil and Lesley Beverley have offered their assistance (220402)
On this page you’ll find the following types of retailer, offering home deliver, subject to availability of delivery slot
|Prescription Pick-up||National/Global Non-Food Merchants||The Post Office|
Most of our major Supermarkets offer online shopping for home delivery.
Click on the logo to access their online shop.
Please note that delivery slots are in high demand and the earliest slot may be several weeks out. Please plan accordingly.
Call the Sherborne store direct on 01935 389490
There is a selection of Online Pharmacies too, that deliver to your door
PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION AND HOME DELIVERY
Our own Alex Ferris (Tel: 07817 806730) is offering to collect your prescriptions from a local surgery, dispensary or pharmacy for you – see below for details:
I am pleased to offer a free service for the weekly collection of prescriptions which has been agreed in principle by our three local surgeries. The proposed procedure is as follows:
1) Please contact your surgery as usual to order repeat prescriptions. Queen Camel have today (19.3.20.) asked for 5 working days notice. They are not open at weekends. Although the Apples Surgery have said 48hrs notice is required, at this time you could give all surgeries as much notice as you can.
2) Please call me (Alex) on my mobile – 07817 806730, and leave a message if there’s no reply.
I need to know your name, address, telephone number, surgery name and how urgent the collection is, bearing in mind I intend to do weekly collections on a Monday.
(Unless urgent same day prescriptions are required, prescriptions will be collected weekly on a Monday.)
3) I will collect individual prescriptions in clear plastic zip lock bags which can be dropped off on doorsteps so no contact is necessary. I will ring the door bell 3 times and leave. Please provide a labelled container for receiving the prescriptions.
4) If you then take the plastic zip lock bag to your kitchen sink and using gloves spray it with diluted bleach solution you can minimise the transference of any virus to your home. Remove your gloves then wash your hands and you are free to open the zip lock bag.
5) Please place the empty zip lock bag in a clean vessel, weighed down and outside your front door, so that on return I may reuse these bags by using the same disinfecting procedure.
6) Please indicate when calling if you are not automatically exempt from paying for prescriptions, if you have any medical exemptions, and if you are able to pay me back should you need to via BACS. I can supply details of this. Cash will be accepted if BACS isn’t available to you.
Full contact details of all 3 surgeries for dispensing:
Apples Sherborne The Grove Queen Camel web address: https://www.sherborneapples.co.uk/
Dispensary – telephone: 01935 816595
main email: email@example.com
web address: https://www.thegrovemedcentre.co.uk/
Medical Centre – telephone 01935 810909
Dispensary – telephone 01935 850379
If there are controlled drugs in prescriptions, then patients need to contact their surgery first to arrange collection giving my full name and address:
Alexandra Louise Ferris
Telephone: 07817 806730
2 Queen’s Court
National/Global Non-Food Merchants